Thursday, July 26, 2007

Not as easy as it seems

I tried whole day yesterday with my very IT savvy friend,Moorey to set up a website,finally got it up loaded. It's call www.phases.com.my. Well designing the site itself took 3 days,built in iWeb. Then you have to register the domain. Unlike setting up www.yourname.com, registering www.yourname.com.my needs a bit more time. Afterwards you have to host your website somewhere out there and to upload it you need ftp. Now  I tried ftp it and it didn't work so I export the folder onto Dreamweaver CS and tried uploading it from there. That's when it got messy. Without Moorey or without any html know how it's the dreaded 404 page! thats when nothing gets uploaded.That's because iWeb has a first line command that directs you to your 1st page or index page which you actually don't need in DW. The site could now be uploaded cept for one page.Found out that I had a typho error in iWeb,I unintentionally left a space in the name of the page which DW cannot understand.Now does all this make sense to you?