Saturday, August 25, 2007

Join the bandwagon!


My preferred mode of  communicating is sms, call and email. I do all 3 through a mobile phone. Nevertheless nothing beats surfing and getting emails using my laptop.Thats easy when I am at home or at the office. If you are mobile then it's more of a hassle, easiest would be to find a free wifi zone. Most of these are at cafes and so it's not exactly free and after a coffee and cheesecake it will add up.So next alternative is to subscribe to the various mobile broadband available. However why pay so much when we already have broadband at home or at the office? So 'pay as  you use' seems logical but this can be very expensive affair. So far Celcom offers the best package, the RM8 for 24hr, it's still cheaper than a cafe latte and cheese cake. You can even use a prepaid 3G card and connection is quite easy. I am actually uploading this blog on this setup using my trusty Macbook and SE P990i as a wireless bluetooth modem. Alternatively  you can sign up for rm68/mth unlimited package for speed up to 384kbps or rm2+/day. now that is the cheapest offer in town. Why bother with the offer of a USB modem when a bluetooth 3G handphone is the cheaper and better alternative. I may just go for this setup.