Thursday, November 15, 2007

Canon Customer Care Experience





Canon slogan is 'Delighting you always' and let me tell you how true it was after my experience at their Customer care center in Peremba Square,Subang. I had just got a new lens, the EF85mm 1.8 and by experience prime lens are inherently sharp.However after the 1st evening trial shots were reviewed I detected that this lens was back focusing, I conducted further test and confirmed my suspicion. So after posting on shutter asia forum unavoidablyI need to sent it for recalibration. Called the CCC on Tuesday morning and was given directions, went straight there together with my camera as well to checked. Since I got international warranty I may still have to pay handling fees after the repair which they estimated to be a week. It was a pleasant affair and was out of there in 30 mins. Thought I would wait 3 days to find out the status but surprise surpise, early Thursday morning  I received sms that my camera ready for collection and its FOC!!!!!! Is that great or is that great? Well I went to collect it and tested it and the autofocus is now spot on. Now I am totally delighted at Canon's commitment to customer care and other established companies should emulate this. You leave with a feeling that with Canon product you don't have to worry and this feeling breeds brand loyalty.Syabas, Canon boleh.